Find a Pro in Hayden, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Hayden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Hayden, Arizona
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Hayden, Arizona. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.