Find a Pro in Laveen, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Laveen
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Laveen, Arizona
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Laveen, Arizona, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Laveen, Arizona. Find the right contractor for your property now.