Find a Pro in Litchfield Park, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Litchfield Park, AZ. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Litchfield Park
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Litchfield Park, AZ
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Litchfield Park, AZ. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.