Find a Pro in Pinetop, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Pinetop
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Pinetop, Arizona
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Pinetop, Arizona. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.