Find a Pro in Stanfield, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Stanfield, Arizona. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Stanfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Stanfield, Arizona
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Stanfield, Arizona. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.