Find a Pro in Tucson, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Tucson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Tucson, Arizona
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Tucson, Arizona. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.