Find a Pro in Tumacacori, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Tumacacori
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Tumacacori, AZ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Tumacacori, AZ. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.