Find a Pro in Youngtown, Arizona
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Youngtown, Arizona. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Arizona // Youngtown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Youngtown, Arizona
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Youngtown, Arizona. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.