Find a Pro in Antioch, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Antioch
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Antioch, CA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Antioch, CA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Antioch, CA. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.