Find a Pro in Aptos, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Aptos, CA. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Aptos
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Aptos, CA
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Aptos, CA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.