Find a Pro in Bonita, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Bonita
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Bonita, California
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bonita, California. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.