Find a Pro in Brentwood, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Brentwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Brentwood, CA
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Brentwood, CA. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.