Find a Pro in Burney, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Burney, California. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Burney
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Burney, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Burney, California. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.