Find a Pro in Colfax, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Colfax, CA. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Colfax
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Colfax, CA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Colfax, CA. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.