Find a Pro in Corcoran, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Corcoran
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Corcoran, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Corcoran, California. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.