Find a Pro in Davis, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Davis
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Davis, California
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Davis, California. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.