Find a Pro in Foothill Ranch, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Foothill Ranch, CA. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Foothill Ranch
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Foothill Ranch, CA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Foothill Ranch, CA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.