Find a Pro in Gilroy, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Gilroy
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Gilroy, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Gilroy, California. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Gilroy, California. Find the right contractor for your home right away.