Find a Pro in Kenwood, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Kenwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Kenwood, CA
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Kenwood, CA. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.