Find a Pro in Lake Elsinore, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Lake Elsinore
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Lake Elsinore, California
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Lake Elsinore, California. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.