Find a Pro in Lawndale, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Lawndale, California. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Lawndale
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Lawndale, California
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Lawndale, California. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lawndale, California. Find the right contractor for your home right away.