Find a Pro in Livingston, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Livingston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Livingston, California
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Livingston, California, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Livingston, California. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property now.