Find a Pro in Merced, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Merced
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Merced, California
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Merced, California. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Merced, California. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.