Find a Pro in Morgan Hill, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Morgan Hill
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Morgan Hill, California
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Morgan Hill, California. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.