Find a Pro in North Hills, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // North Hills
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near North Hills, California
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in North Hills, California. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.