Find a Pro in Oroville, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Oroville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Oroville, CA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Oroville, CA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.