Find a Pro in Paso Robles, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Paso Robles
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Paso Robles, California
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Paso Robles, California, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.