Find a Pro in Penn Valley, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Penn Valley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Penn Valley, CA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Penn Valley, CA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Penn Valley, CA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.