Find a Pro in San Andreas, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in San Andreas, CA. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // San Andreas
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in San Andreas, CA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in San Andreas, CA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.