Find a Pro in San Bernardino, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // San Bernardino
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near San Bernardino, CA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in San Bernardino, CA. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.