Find a Pro in San Dimas, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in San Dimas, CA. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // San Dimas
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in San Dimas, CA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in San Dimas, CA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.