Find a Pro in San Jose, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in San Jose, California. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // San Jose
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in San Jose, California
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in San Jose, California, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.