Find a Pro in San Mateo, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // San Mateo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near San Mateo, California
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in San Mateo, California, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.