Find a Pro in Santa Monica, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Santa Monica
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Santa Monica, California
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Santa Monica, California, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Santa Monica, California. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.