Find a Pro in Sunset Beach, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Sunset Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Sunset Beach, CA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Sunset Beach, CA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.