Find a Pro in Sylmar, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Sylmar, CA. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Sylmar
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Sylmar, CA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Sylmar, CA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.