Find a Pro in Verdugo City, California
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // California // Verdugo City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Verdugo City, CA
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Verdugo City, CA. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.