Find a Pro in Alamosa, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Alamosa, CO. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Alamosa
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Alamosa, CO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Alamosa, CO. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.