Find a Pro in Durango, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Durango, Colorado. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Durango
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Durango, Colorado
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Durango, Colorado. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Durango, Colorado. Find the right contractor for your property right away.