Find a Pro in Empire, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Empire
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Empire, Colorado
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Empire, Colorado. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Empire, Colorado. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.