Find a Pro in Greeley, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Greeley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Greeley, Colorado
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Greeley, Colorado. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Greeley, Colorado. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.