Find a Pro in Kit Carson, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Kit Carson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Kit Carson, CO
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Kit Carson, CO. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.