Find a Pro in Moffat, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Moffat
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Moffat, CO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Moffat, CO. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.