Find a Pro in Montrose, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Montrose
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Montrose, Colorado
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Montrose, Colorado. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Montrose, Colorado. Find the right contractor for your house today.