Find a Pro in Severance, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Severance, Colorado. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Severance
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Severance, Colorado
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Severance, Colorado. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.