Find a Pro in Sterling, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Sterling, Colorado. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Sterling
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Sterling, Colorado
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Sterling, Colorado, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.