Find a Pro in Wellington, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Wellington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Wellington, Colorado
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Wellington, Colorado. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.