Find a Pro in Ansonia, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Ansonia
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Ansonia, CT
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ansonia, CT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.