Find a Pro in Bristol, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Bristol, CT. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Bristol
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Bristol, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Bristol, CT. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.