Find a Pro in East Canaan, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // East Canaan
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near East Canaan, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in East Canaan, CT. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.